Blogging Tips for Beginners: Part 1
Last May I started blogging again and since then I have learned a great deal and want to share some blogging tips for beginners. I started blogging back in 2010.
Initially I talked about my story, my work and found blogging as a way to online journal. After time I posted more infrequently and then not much at all. Since I started writing this post, it has grown into a huge post. After reflecting I decided it best to split it into 2 parts. This is the first of a 2 part post. Today I am sharing blog tips from experts and how I started. I can’t wait to share more from my peers and online friends next week! You can say I see huge value in blogging and want to give you lot’s of blogging tips… So here we go!
Blog Tip #1
Seek Experts and Listen
So I did, and am proud to say CONSISTENTLY every week since (Hint, this is Blog Tip #1). Now I am often asked for blogging tips. I also love teaching and sharing and gathered blogging tips for beginners. Information I wish I knew:) Funny, in preparing for this post, I realize some things I did right and some really wrong. Now I know better and do better. Below are more blogging tips I learned.
Blog Tip #2
Listen and Continually Learn
I purchased books, read magazines and started following blogging experts that shared great content.
Don taught us to share useful content that is valuable to your audience. (That’s my #3 BIG tip:)
How do you start?
Make a list of 20 things your customers want to know about you and your work.
There are your first 20 blogs ideas, my friends!
One of my ultimate goals is to build a community and to do that I engage. I ask for comments and for readers to share articles that are helpful. That includes articles from my peers, online blogging friends and mentors. Below are some blogging tips from some other amazing experts I follow.
Blog Tip #4
Learn from the Experts (here’s a few I follow)
- Michael Hyatt is an expert blogger, author and speaker who share’s ABUNDANTLY!
- Rebekah Radice shares great content, here’s her recent post about blogging, convenient I’d say:)
- Derek Halpern of Social Triggers shares unique strategies for using blogs for business
- Lewis Howes is a podcaster who shares great inspirational stories for entrepreneurs on his School of Greatness
- Alexandra Franzen is an amazing writer, copyrighter and communications consultant.
- Danielle LaPorte is an inspirational rockstar, period. You could say I really like her and her blog:)
- Marie Forleo is a life/business rockstar and share great tips on her blog/vlog. Yep, she rocks too!
There are many others, but I didn’t want to overwhelm you by listing them all. My first point is I want to share is to seek knowledge. Online, in books, blogs and by opting into list so you can learn. I follow many other amazing peers, mentors and experts. Perhaps some of them will inspire you! My second point to sharing these great blogs is that you will see they all have their unique style. I am excited to share more creative bloggers next week!
Bonus Blogging Tips & Info!
- 50 Experts Reveal How to Promote Your Blog in Just 3 Tools 50 Experts Reveal How to Promote Your Blog with Just 3 Tools
- Top 10 Blogging tips for beginners from Blogher
- Problogger has a great Post about Blogging, filled with great links
- Hubspots Blog Topic Generator is a fun and useful tool for blog topics
- Bloglovin has thousands of blogs to follow. If you go there, would you do me a favor, follow me and share? I’d really appreciate it:)
As I mentioned in the beginning of the post, this post was huge and growing. I often over deliver and have learned it best to give bites instead of chunks. So I hope you enjoy the first course! I am excited to share more great blogging tips I’ve learned and from my peers and friends in next weeks post!
I hope you find Part 1 of Blogging for Beginners valuable, I know I will be looking deeper into many of the links:) If you are considering blogging this year or want to learn better tools, I hope I this has your creative wheels moving! As always, I love to hearing from you, and would love to read your questions or blog comments in the comments section. Are you following some great bloggers? Share them with us in the comment section:) I know how blogging has helped me and my biz so if this has been beneficial, share it with your friends.
I’d love to hear from you on Google+, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter!
Have a branding or visual question?
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, about creating professional looking branding and visuals, click here. I love to hear from you:)
P.S. We have a great community here, would you like to join us?